Location Pearlfisher London
An essential role at the forefront of Pearlfisher's business, working with our clients and internal teams to help ensure smooth relationships and creatively excellent solutions.
We need you to
Effectively manage a variety of creative projects and build successful long-term client relationships with allocated clients.
This is a key role requiring the highest level of
Organisational skills / Excellent communication skills / Attention to detail / Energy
You will show us that you have
- An agency background with existing experience in client management for complex projects.
- An exceptional eye for detail.
- The ability to build relationships with clients at all levels in the UK and internationally.
- Natural communication skills and a common-sense approach married with intelligence, expertise and initiative.
- An understanding of the ‘bigger picture’ and how that creates broader business opportunities.
- A developing ability and confidence to negotiate and voice your opinion with clients.
- A collaborative, supportive and constructive working style, which can connect at all levels within the Pearlfisher business and externally.
- A passion for and a good knowledge of branding and design
The bare minimum we need from you is
- At least two years’ experience in a client services role in a branding and design or comparable creative business.
- Expert written and spoken English.
- A relevant degree or other higher-level qualification.
And the technical skills you will need to have are
MacOS / GoogleDrive applications / MSOffice
The role in detail
- Account manage a selection of core clients and creative projects alongside other Senior Pearlfisher colleagues.
- Develop strong client relationships with your allocated clients.
- Prepare cost estimates and creative briefs (with Strategy team) in advance of project work starting, ensuring that client’s ambitions and challenges are clearly articulated to the design team and briefs are sharp, efficient and understood.
- Have a point of view when reviewing work and ensure that the project team and work are on brief.
- Report on project status through contact and activity reports to internal and external teams.
- Ensure efficient project administration (ie. on brief, on budget and ensure all documentation is up-to-date on the client server eg. proposals, estimates, visuals etc).
- Effectively resource for your projects on a weekly basis with the Head of Studio Operations.
- Regularly create and share accurate financial summaries for clients with longer-running projects showing where budgets are sitting vs. agreed estimates
- Help drive farming strategies alongside Senior Client Manager/Client Director by reporting on client business to feed into farming activity, and helping to identify new opportunities.
- Ensure revenue forecast for your client business is accurate on a weekly basis and highlight any issues at the earliest opportunity (prior to the weekly meeting).
- Write cost estimates with the support of the Senior Client Manager/Client Director.
- Create timelines for your client projects.
- Monitor project spend – resources, expenses and bought-ins – and highlight potential overspend to Client Director.
- Budget effectively in conjunction with Senior Client Manager/Client Director.
- Monitor project effectiveness in conjunction with Client Director and Head of Studio Operations.
- Ensure all estimates are approved and all invoices are raised, checked and sent to client on time.
- Be aware of margin on fees and costs.
- Adhere to Pearlfisher Compliance principles when creating all support material and internal and external briefings and presentations.
- Ensure that Pearlfisher Compliance principles are understood and are being followed by your project team during the entire project process and flag to your Client Director if you feel it is not.
NB Pearlfisher reserves the right to amend your duties slightly or provide you with additional duties within your skills and competencies.
You will report directly to a Client Director.