Associate Design Director
Associate Design Director, Pearlfisher New York
Pearlfisher is an independent brand design agency in London and New York, We create simpler, lighter, more desirable ideas for the future. With Futurists, Strategists, Designers and Realizers all observing, imagining, and expressing change, we design for life.
Design for life means understanding how people’s needs and desires are changing so that we can design for the lives we will all want to live. We invite you to join our collective of experts and enthusiasts and contribute to our ambitions through your creative & strategic excellence, business performance and contribution to our collaborative culture
Our Collaborative Culture
We don’t have a rigid process or procedure, but we have a set of beliefs that guide and inform what we look for in members of our team. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere and that everyone at Pearlfisher can create change for a better future.
We care deeply about the quality of our work–celebrating big ideas, designing with purpose and driving a higher standard for crafting details. We also strive to be progressive in our approach, continuing to foster our talent and collaborate across disciplines at every stage in our process to create amazing design solutions.
The Associate Design Director will contribute to Pearlfisher’s constant pursuit for innovative, idea-driven design, helping to facilitate teamwork in order to achieve the highest caliber of work. The ideal candidate will also be a positive addition to the creative and collaborative culture of Pearlfisher New York.
- Design brand experiences that capture bold, lucid, and unexpected thinking and a high standard of craft–from concept to execution
- Work across mediums; visual identity, packaging, brand experiences, communications, campaigns, digital media, structure, environments
- Be proactive, leading projects and setting a high standard for the design team while fostering communication across the broader team
- Take direction from multiple angles without losing sight of the creative vision
- Balance and prioritize work across a range projects, overseeing few and hands-on most
- Present to clients, engage in workshops and immersions
- Inspire, support and mentor members of your team
- Manage time, deliverables and organization of design files
- Begin to manage and oversee select projects without additional supervision, driving communication and progress and creative excellence
- Develop a more detailed understanding of business needs and identifying efficiencies within the design team
- Oversee seamless transition of designs to the Realization team
- Contribute to the creative culture of the studio outside of project activities, including sharing inspiration, identifying creative opportunities and initiating conversations to improve our ways of working
- Bring enthusiasm and energy to your role, and motivate those around you
- 6+ years design agency experience
- Experience with design on both small and large scale brands
- High proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Knowledge of design for 3D, Web, Video, software a bonus
Studios & Culture
We are based in 2 cities renowned for design excellence - London and New York. Each of our Studios are unique but our unrivalled culture ties us together. So whether you're enjoying rooftop gigs in New York, exhibitions at our studio in London or one of our trips all together, we are certain you'll fall in love with life at Pearlfisher.
Pearlfisher is an independent brand design agency in London and New York. Working with clients including Heineken, McDonald's, Seedlip, Bang & Olufsen and Ocean Generation, we design for the lives people want to live.
We can't wait for you to join us.
Associate Design Director
Loading application form