Senior Designer, Pearlfisher New York
Pearlfisher is an independent brand design agency in London and New York, We create simpler, lighter, more desirable ideas for the future. With Futurists, Strategists, Designers and Realizers all observing, imagining, and expressing change, we design for life.
Design for life means understanding how people’s needs and desires are changing so that we can design for the lives we will all want to live. We invite you to join our collective of experts and enthusiasts and contribute to our ambitions through your creative & strategic excellence, business performance and contribution to our collaborative culture
Our Collaborative Culture
We don’t have a rigid process or procedure, but we have a set of beliefs that guide and inform what we look for in members of our team. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere and that everyone at Pearlfisher can create change for a better future.
We care deeply about the quality of our work–celebrating big ideas, designing with purpose and driving a higher standard for crafting details. We also strive to be progressive in our approach, continuing to foster our talent and collaborate across disciplines at every stage in our process to create amazing design solutions.
The Senior Designer will contribute to Pearlfisher’s constant pursuit for innovative, idea-driven design, helping to facilitate teamwork in order to achieve the highest caliber of work. The ideal candidate will also be a positive addition to the creative and collaborative culture of Pearlfisher New York.
- Create designs, campaigns, experiences which capture bold, lucid, and unexpected thinking in desirable, crafted executions
- Prepare rough sketches, design concepts, final crafted art and assets
- Work across mediums; identity, packaging, experiences, communications, campaigns, digital media, structure, environments
- Lead projects, and collaborate on larger initiatives
- Critique, and collaborate with broader team
- Take direction from multiple angles, without losing sight of the creative vision
- Work across multiple projects
- Attend client-facing meetings, workshops, research trips
- Inspire, support and mentor less experienced team members
- Contribute to strong client relationships through attendance in presentations, proactive thinking and identifying new opportunities
- Manage time, deliverables and correct filing of digital files created
- Oversee seamless transition of designs to the Realization team
- Develop strong working relationships with your working team
- Contribute to the creative culture of the studio outside of project activities, including sharing inspiration, identifying creative opportunities
- Bring enthusiasm and energy to your role, and motivate those around you
- 5+ years design agency experience
- Experience with design for both small challengers’ brands, and global icons
- High proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Knowledge of design for 3D, Web, Video, software a bonus