Pearlfisher is an independent brand design agency in London and New York, We create simpler, lighter, more desirable ideas for the future. With Futurists, Strategists, Designers and Realizers all observing, imagining, and expressing change, we design for life.
Design for life means understanding how people’s needs and desires are changing so that we can design for the lives we will all want to live. We invite you to join our collective of experts and enthusiasts and contribute to our ambitions through your creative & strategic excellence, business performance and contribution to our collaborative culture
Our Collaborative Culture
We don’t have a rigid process or procedure, but we do have a set of beliefs that guide and inform what we look for in “our people”. The belief that good ideas can come from anywhere and that everyone at Pearlfisher can create change for a better future. If you’re into ideas no matter how big or small, switched-on thinking, initiative-taking, following your gut and making things happen, then welcome to a world where being talented, ambitious, self-aware, empathetic, and collaborative will take you far.
VP. Executive Creative Director
The Design Director will contribute to Pearlfisher’s constant pursuit for innovative, idea-driven design, helping to facilitate teamwork in order to achieve the highest caliber of work. The ideal candidate will also be a positive addition to the creative and collaborative culture of Pearlfisher New York.
Only candidates with 6+ years of experience need apply.
- Develop brand / packaging design strategies for clients in a wide range of consumer goods and branding markets
- Manage design and execution of projects
- Comprehensive presentation of work to clients
- Direct supervision of junior designers and help drive a collaborative and cohesive team throughout the design exploration and development; defines perimeters of project and helps teamwork within set parameters
- Adjusts design and design execution strategy to meet evolving marketing and maintains awareness of competitors and market trends in market and product lines
- Attend kick-off meetings, design presentations, internal design reviews as needed (Travel may be required 0-5 times per month)
- Knowledge of business strategy, competitor markets and productions, technologies, and market growth and innovations
- Energizes projects by stimulating innovative, risk-taking ideas and teamwork
- Continues professional development through developed detailed understanding industry best practices and design processes
- Have a good knowledge & understanding of the realization process
- Participate in interview process with graduates. Be willing to give feedback and work with interns in the design process
- Displays ownership of projects from start to finish