A key role in one of Pearlfisher’s core foundations. Realisation is a differentiator in our industry, and an essential bridge between design, manufacturing and engineering.
Unlike traditional production or implementation, Realisation is responsible for providing confidence, comfort and reassurance to existing and potential clients that we will deliver against the creative vision and that we will make the ideas real.
Realisation should inspire and challenge all members of the project team (internally and externally) via its knowledge and expertise, with the ultimate aim of delivering design solutions of which both Pearlfisher and its clients are proud.
We need you to
Be the expert in and provide day-to-day sustainability and materials knowledge and support, both internally within Pearlfisher and externally to our clients.
Instigate and support Pearlfisher’s development initiatives. This includes Sustainability in consumer goods, consumer experience, materials innovation, or developing new initiatives, that keep Pearlfisher pushing to the forefront of design and design innovation.
Enjoy being client-facing, directly connecting sustainability and materials to a project and its team.
Constantly seek to develop and improve our ability to deliver design excellence effectively.
Be aware of current materials and packaging legislation and government initiatives
This is a key role requiring the highest level of
Technical, sustainability and materials knowledge
You will show us that you have
An agency/print background with existing experience in packaging print production, 3D structure and all things materials and technical.
Strong sustainability experience or at the very least, a passion for becoming a thought leader in the subject.
Energy, pragmatism, intelligence and a passion for design and brand-building.
Natural communication skills and a common-sense approach married with intelligence, expertise and initiative.
The ability to build relationships with suppliers and clients at all levels in the UK and internationally.
Financial and commercial awareness.
A collaborative, supportive and constructive working style, which can connect at all levels within the Pearlfisher business and our clients.
Experience of public speaking.
The bare minimum we need from you is
Experience in consumer packaging Materials and Sustainability, ideally working with high-profile and demanding global clients across packaging and print-related projects.
Experience working with cross-functional teams, both internally and with client-based production teams.
A relevant degree or other higher-level education.
As well as
The ability to identify types of materials appropriate for a given project and draw connections between client-side production and suppliers.
Experience in packaging engineering, with intimate knowledge of manufacturing, co-packing, filling, etc.
A good network of experts: from materials experts to suppliers at the cutting edge.
The role in detail
You wlil be expected to:
- Uphold and develop Sustainability and Materials excellence that seamlessly supports our designs and contributes to the wider Pearlfisher vision.
- Work with suppliers and innovators to bring new material ideas and sustainability to projects.
- Represent the Realisation team at Development meetings.
- Proactively and on-demand, share your technology, materials and sustainability knowledge both internally at all stages of the design and realisation process, and externally with clients and their project teams.
- Champion our materials and sustainability expertise and represent our creative work in key client presentations through to final approval.
- Utilise your supply chain and distribution channel knowledge to advise projects, clients and internal teams.
- Be the Design team's technical and materials inspiration and go-to consultant.
- Technically project manage 3D Structural projects.
- Join 3D structural technical calls as the authoritative leader at Pearlfisher.
- Source 3D structures and sustainable alternatives.
- Build strong and lasting working client relationships.
- Become a thought leader and write and speak about Pearlfisher's IP externally in a compelling way.
You will report to our Partner, Design & Experience, and will also work in close collaboration with all other Pearlfisher teams.